SimonTox is a mobile application that allows users to make voice and video calls, as well as send instant messages, using the Tox protocol.
The Tox protocol is a peer-to-peer, decentralized communication protocol that aims to provide secure, private communication without the need for a central server. SimonTox is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Features of SimonTox
- Voice and video calls with other SimonTox users
- Instant messaging with other SimonTox users
- End-to-end encryption for secure communication
- No need for a central server, as communication is peer-to-peer
- Ability to create and join groups
- Support for file transfer
- Support for multiple accounts
- Cross-platform compatibility with other Tox clients
- Open-source and constantly updated
- Support for multiple languages.
How to get started with SimonTox
- Download and install the SimonTox app on your mobile device.
- Open the app and create a new account by entering your desired username and creating a password.
- Once you’ve created an account, you’ll be given a Tox ID, which is a unique identifier that other SimonTox users can use to add you as a friend.
- To add a friend, tap the “Add Friend” button in the app, and enter the Tox ID of the person you want to add. Once they accept your friend request, you’ll be able to communicate with them.
- To make a voice or video call, simply tap the “Call” button when you’re viewing a friend’s profile. To send an instant message, tap the “Chat” button.
- You can also join or create groups in SimonTox.
- To join a group, tap the “Group” button in the app, and enter the group’s ID. To create a group, tap the “Create Group” button, and invite your friends to join.
- You can also adjust your settings, such as your profile information, notification settings, and security options, from the app’s main menu.
To ensure the best user experience and security, keep your device and the app updated.
SimonTox is a peer-to-peer communication app, which means that it does not rely on a central server for communication. This means that the app’s performance may be affected by the quality of your internet connection.
SimonTox uses end-to-end encryption to secure your communication, which means that only the sender and the intended recipient can read the messages. However, the app’s security may be affected by the security of your device.
It’s important to keep your device’s operating system and the app updated to ensure the best security.
The app is open source, which means that the code is publicly available and can be viewed and modified by anyone. This allows for a community of developers to contribute to the app and improve it.
As the app is not widely used, you may find it difficult to find friends or people to chat with.
SimonTox is not an official application and the developers are not affiliated with the Tox foundation. The Tox foundation is a non-profit organization that is responsible for the development of the Tox protocol.
As the app is not backed by any company, it might not have the same level of support and troubleshooting as other apps.
As the app is not widely used, it may be difficult to find answers to your questions or to find a solution to a problem you are experiencing.