HP Smart is a mobile app that allows users to set up, scan, print, and manage their HP printer. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Additionally, it provides Remote Printing feature which allows users to print documents from their phone to a printer located anywhere in the world.
Features of the HP Smart App
- Easy setup and installation of HP printers
- Remote printing, allowing users to print documents from their mobile device to a printer located anywhere in the world
- Scanning of documents and photos
- Checking ink levels and ordering supplies
- Print and scan job management
- Create, edit and share documents
- Print from cloud services such as Google Drive, Dropbox and more
- Print from social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram
- Print wirelessly from mobile devices using WiFi or Bluetooth
- Print from mobile devices using NFC touch-to-print technology
- Print from anywhere using HP ePrint
To get started with the HP Smart app, you will need to have an HP printer that is compatible with the app, and a mobile device that runs either iOS or Android. Here are the steps to set up and use the HP Smart app,
Download the HP Smart app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device. Open the app and sign in or create a new account.
Connect your mobile device to the same network as your HP printer. In the app, tap the “Add Printer” button to search for available printers on the network.
Select your printer from the list of available printers and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
The app also allows you to access and print documents from cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox, and social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
With the app, you can also print wirelessly using WiFi or Bluetooth, NFC touch-to-print technology, HP ePrint or directly from mobile device’s camera.
Once you have set up your printer, you can start using the app to manage your print and scan jobs, create and edit documents, and more.
Here are some common troubleshooting steps that you can take if you are having issues with the HP Smart app:
- Make sure your mobile device and printer are connected to the same network.
- Try restarting both your mobile device and printer.
- Check that your printer is turned on and in a ready state.
- Check that the HP Smart app is up to date by checking for updates in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Make sure that your printer is compatible with the HP Smart app by checking the list of supported printers on the HP website.
- If you are having trouble connecting to the printer, try disabling and re-enabling the WiFi or Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- If you are still unable to connect to the printer, try resetting the printer network settings by following the instructions in the printer manual.
It’s also worth mentioning that sometimes issue can be due to specific printer settings that needs to be change or certain firewall or antivirus software that blocks the connection.
It is always recommended to check the printer’s manual, HP’s website or contact their support to verify the correct settings.