Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and communication platform developed by Microsoft. It is primarily intended for use in a business or organizational context, but can also be used for personal or educational purposes.
Teams can be integrated with other Microsoft Office 365 services, such as SharePoint, OneNote, and OneDrive.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams offers a wide range of features that enable users to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Chat and instant messaging: Users can send direct messages or hold group conversations with their team members.
- Video and audio conferencing: Users can hold video and audio meetings with their team members, as well as screen share and record the meetings.
- File sharing and collaboration: Users can share files, such as documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Integration with other Office 365 apps: Teams can be integrated with other Office 365 apps such as SharePoint, OneNote, and OneDrive.
- App integration: Teams also offers integration with various external apps such as Trello, Asana, and many more.
This is not an exhaustive list, as Microsoft Teams continues to add new features and capabilities to its platform.
Using Microsoft Teams is relatively straightforward and can be done in a few simple steps. Below is a general overview of how to use the platform:
Sign in to Microsoft Teams: You will need to have a Microsoft account or an Office 365 account to sign in to Teams.
Create or join a team: Once you are signed in, you can create a new team or join an existing one.
Share files: To share files with your team members, click on the “Files” tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
Use apps: Teams also offers integration with various external apps such as Trello, Asana, and many more.
These are just some of the basic features of Microsoft Teams, and you can explore the platform further to discover more capabilities.
How to start Video Conferencing on Microsoft Teams
Starting a video conferencing on Microsoft Teams is relatively easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
Open Microsoft Teams: Make sure you are signed in to your Microsoft Teams account.
Schedule a meeting: Click on the “Meetings” tab on the bottom left corner of the screen, then click on “Schedule a meeting” button. You can also use the “Meet now” button if you want to start a meeting right away.
Invite participants: Once you are in the scheduling page, you can invite participants by entering their email addresses or by selecting them from your contact list.
Set the date and time: Set the date and time for the meeting, and add any notes or files if needed.
Start the video conference: Once you have scheduled the meeting and invited the participants, you can start the video conference by clicking on the “Start” button.
Join the meeting: When it is time for the meeting, click on the link sent to you via email and join the meeting.
Start the video call: Once everyone has joined, you can start the video call by clicking on the “Video call” button.
It’s important to note that video conferencing feature may vary depending on your organization’s settings, check with your IT or admin before starting the video call.