Walkhighlands is a website that provides information and resources for walking and hiking in Scotland. It offers a wide range of detailed route descriptions, including maps and photos, for walks and hikes all across Scotland, from the highlands to the lowlands and from the coast to the mountains.
Walkhighlands also provides information on accommodations, camping, public transport, and other useful information for planning a hiking trip in Scotland. Additionally, the website has a forum where hikers can ask for advice, share experiences, and connect with other outdoor enthusiasts.
It is a great resource for anyone planning a hiking trip in Scotland, whether they are experienced hikers or new to the activity.
Features of Walkhighlands
Detailed route descriptions: Walkhighlands offers detailed descriptions of walking and hiking routes throughout Scotland, including maps, photos, and step-by-step directions.
User-generated content: The website has a forum where users can share their experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other hikers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Interactive maps: Walkhighlands offers interactive maps that allow users to zoom in and out, switch between different types of maps, and view routes and landmarks.
Accommodation information: The website provides information on a variety of accommodations in Scotland, including hotels, B&Bs, and campsites.
Public transport information: Walkhighlands offers information on public transport options, such as buses and trains, to help hikers plan their journeys.
Community-driven content: Walkhighlands features user-contributed content, such as trip reports and photos, to help other hikers plan their trips.
Accessibility information: The website provides information on the accessibility of routes, including details on terrain, difficulty level, and facilities.
Route planner: Walkhighlands has a route planner tool that allows users to create and save their own custom routes.
How to use Walkhighlands
- Open your web browser on your mobile device and go to the Walkhighlands website (www.walkhighlands.co.uk).
- Once on the website, you can search for walking and hiking routes using the search bar or browse the various categories, such as region or difficulty level.
- Click on a route that interests you to view the detailed description, photos, and map.
- To use the interactive map, zoom in or out and switch between different map types to get a better idea of the route and surrounding area.
- You can also use the route planner tool to create and save your own custom routes.
- If you want to participate in the forum or contribute your own content, you will need to create an account on the website.